Lyburn Cheese Arancini with Sweet Chilli Jam
Makes 10 canapés size bites
1/2 tsp Olive oil
1/4 Finely chopped onion
1/2 Crushed garlic clove
60g Finely chopped New Forest mushrooms
85g Arborio rice
35ml Dry white wine
1/2pt Hot vegetable stock
1 Free range Claytons egg - beaten
60g Fine bread crumbs
A splash of rapeseed oil to fry
100g Lyburn Farmhouse Cheesemakers garlic & nettle cheese - finely grated
The Real Jam & Chutney Company sweet chilli jam - for dipping
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan- add the mushrooms & garlic. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3- mins until softened. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3- mins until browned.
2. Stir in the rice and coat in oil. Pour in the wine and simmer , stirring , until the liquid has been absorbed . Continue adding the stock little at a time until and liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump & tender.
3. Season to taste.
4. Allow the risotto to cool completely. Stir in the grated cheese.
5. Shape the risotto into small even balls.
6. Roll the balls in the beat egg and then into the bread crumbs.
7. Heat the repeseed oil in a med saucepan until 170c/340f , then fry the arancini in small batches for approx. 2 mins , until crisp and golden brown.
8. Remove from pan , pat them dry on kitchen paper and serve with the sweet chilli jam.
This recipe was created by Court House Catering, a Southampton-based catering company established in the 1980s. They buy local produce to ensure their food is fresh but also to make an essential contribution to the sustainability of the countryside, the rural economy and our market towns.
Find out more about Court House Catering, the creator of this recipe.
Find out more about the producers of the local ingredients used in this recipe: