Create and Cook's Champion's rack of lamb with cherry jus
DAN'S HERBED RACK OF LAMB WITH CHERRY JUS
150g semi dried or fresh cherries
or 450g canned cherries drained
225ml red wine
1 garlic clove, peeled & chopped
? shallot, peeled & diced
125 ml chicken stock
1 Newlyns Farm lamb rack -
1 tsp English mustard
30g Lyburn Winchester Mature
Herbs - small bunch of parsley,
thyme, coriander, rosemary
? tbsp Pratts Rapeseed oil
1. Put cherries, wine, garlic and shallot into a saucepan. Cook for 10-15 minutes on a high heat, mixture should reduce until almost dry.
2. Reduce the heat, add the stock and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the sauce is thick. Whisk in the butter, season and keep warm.
1. Pre heat oven 200C Gas mark 6.
2. Using a sharp knife remove the skin from the lamb racks and score the fat. Brush with the mustard.
3. Put breadcrumbs into a bowl. Add the cheese, herbs and a ? spoon of oil. Pulse for 1 minute until blended, add more oil if dry.
4. Coat the lamb completely with the herb and cheese mix.
5. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 12 - 15 mins. Remove from the oven cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Serve lamb with warm cherry jus and seasonal vegetables. Dan served a courgette and potato rosti cake and Hampshire asparagus with his lamb.