Greek Style Patties in Tomato Sauce
Beef Patties in Tomato Sauce
Owtons, the traditional family butcher, is creating a new initiative: selecting simple recipes to accompany their meat boxes. This one, Greek Style Braised Beef Patties in Tomato Sauce, was created by Paul DickInson, Director of Food with Fuller’s.
Ikg beef mince
Half large onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tsp dried oregano
1/3 tsp smoked paprika
500ml tomato sauce
1/3 bunch parsley
1/3 bunch basil
- Place the mince in a large bowl, add the diced onion and crushed garlic, followed by the oregano and paprika. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Take some mince, the size of a tennis ball and mould into a tight ball. Place on a tray. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take each ball of mince and shape into an oval sausage shape.
- Heat a frying pan. Add a little oil. Place each oval meat patty into the pan, and colour the top and bottom of each patty,
- Place in a deep casserole pan. Cover with the tomato sauce. Cover with lid. Put into the oven at 160C for 1 1/2 hours .
- Remove from the oven. Check seasoning. Add torn basil and parsley leaves.
- Serve with grilled flatbreads, minted yoghurt and cucumber dressed in white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.